What is obstetrics? Learn from an obstetrician/gynecologist near me in the Katy, TX area
For patients who are searching for a professional “near me” in the Katy, TX community who offers obstetrics care, we encourage them to book an appointment at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine. Our professionals include obstetrician/gynecologists with experience in providing care to women of all ages who are dealing with concerns of the reproductive system and the breasts.
What is obstetrics?
Obstetrics is often confused with gynecology. However, the two are closely related, and many professionals have specialties in both. These professionals are sometimes referred to as “OB/GYNs.” Obstetrics focuses primary on pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care for women who are having children. Many women see an obstetrician when they become pregnant and then follow through with routine appointments to monitor their baby’s development throughout the three trimesters. An obstetrician often delivers the baby at the hospital when it is time, and then follows the mom through postpartum care, ensuring patients are happy and healthy following the delivery of their child.
What are some services provided by an obstetrician?
An obstetrician may help with the following:
- Monitoring the health of you and your baby during pregnancy with routine measurements, diagnostic testing, and ultrasounds.
- Monitoring for health conditions that can affect your pregnancy or your baby’s health during pregnancy, including diabetes, genetic disorders, or infections.
- Monitoring your health and lifestyle throughout pregnancy, including medications taken, levels of exercise, and diet/nutrition.
- Assisting with the reduction or treatment of certain conditions that can develop during pregnancy including pain, heartburn, and morning sickness.
- Providing answers to questions about your pregnancy or your baby.
- Explaining the process of labor and delivery.
- Working with women to develop a birthing plan that is followed during delivery to ensure all services are provided as requested.
- Helping at the time of delivery.
- Assessing a woman’s health following the delivery of the baby and discuss possible contraception or family planning, if desired.
Obstetricians work with patients before, during, and after pregnancy to monitor the entire process from start to finish, providing assistance throughout. Many women use their obstetrician with several pregnancies as they trust this professional with the care of themselves and their babies.
What is the difference between a gynecologist and an obstetrician?
Many of these professionals have the same experience and training. However, a gynecologist focuses on the reproductive health. This includes providing routine examinations including pap smears and cancer screenings, speak to patients about contraception, and provide breast examinations. An obstetrician focuses on pregnancy, including prenatal care, pregnancy, birth, and aftercare. At our practice, we offer all these services under one roof, making us a one-stop shop for quality reproductive care and assistance for women.
What other services are available at the practice?
Our doctors at Jenkin Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine provide not only obstetrics and gynecology, but the following:
- Contraceptive management
- Family planning solutions
- Gynecological surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Permanent sterilization
- Bladder suspension
- Pelvic floor solutions
Drs. Jenkins and Falae are dedicated to helping women with a wide selection of services at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, ad Reproductive Medicine. We want our patients to know that we put them first and treat them like family. We want our patients to feel at ease during their visits and offer comprehensive, quality, and discreet care for women in the Katy, TX area. Our state-of-the-art practice is equipped to provide this care and more, and we work with many specialists in the area to provide referrals when necessary for more unique needs. We desire to have all our patients given the best possible treatment for their reproductive health concerns, and have a network of providers that can assist in doing so!
Schedule a visit with our team of professionals today to learn about obstetrics
Contact Drs. Jenkins and Falae at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine today by calling 855 346 8610 to book an appointment. Our staff is here to assist patients in and around the community of Katy, TX with quality treatment options for every stage of their reproductive health. We serve women of all ages who require assistance with obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive care and are conveniently located at 23535 Kingsland Boulevard.