Dr. Taryll Jenkins of Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine has been helping his Houston-area patients find relief from the discomfort and embarrassment of urinary incontinence for many years. He understands the emotional toll that the condition can take on his patients. Here he discusses those emotional factors:
- Disruption of daily life: Individuals who suffer from urinary incontinence may begin to alter their lifestyle in order to prevent accidents, odor, or wetness. This may include stopping exercise, taking more time to plan for errands or work, always bringing a large bag with a change of clothes just in case, and only visiting places where the individual knows where to find the restroom.
- Embarrassment: When accidents do happen, a person is likely to feel embarrassed and ashamed. They may believe that everyone knows or can tell that they’re using incontinence garments. They may hear people talking about incontinence in a joking manner and feel humiliated.
Incontinence can be a life-changing condition. Patients who suffer from it may not travel, shop, go to restaurants, or spend time in public places. It can be isolating which often leads to depression and anxiety. However, patients don’t simply have to accept the condition. There are several treatments available to lessen or eliminate accidents and frequent urges to urinate. The first step is always to correctly diagnose the condition and determine which form of incontinence the patient has.
To do this, patients should contact Dr. Jenkins and schedule an appointment with the Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine team. The entire staff at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine is committed to helping patients address any medical issues they may be having. They treat each patient with gentle care and deep respect. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call today.
- Urinary Incontinence Fulshear - Help for stress urinary incontinence is found near Fulshear
- Urological services near Me Houston - Do I need to see a urological services near me in Houston for urinary tract infection?
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Houston - Urinary incontinence from pelvic floor dysfunction treated in the Houston area
- Urological services in Katy - Common conditions treated by Katy urological services
- Urinary Incontinence, Katy - The facts about urinary incontinence in Katy