Vaginal discharge is a common concern. Women of all ages may experience this aggravation, which can vary from one month to the next in concert with the menstrual cycle.
When an egg is released during ovulation, the vaginal area receives an influx of mucous, up to thirty times more than normal. The additional discharge may require that a panty liner be worn at all times. The discharge with ovulation is not indicative of a problem. It may, however, make you wonder "should I visit a gynecology clinic near me?"
In the Katy office of Dr. Taryll Jenkins, we offer friendly consultation regarding vaginal discharge and other concerns, as well as personalized care to promote health and wellness. Vaginal discharge may occur for several reasons:
- Ovulation may cause stretchy, clear discharge.
- Exercise or other physical exertion may precede clear, watery discharge at certain times in the menstrual cycle.
- Hormonal fluctuations at the beginning and end of the monthly cycle may bring thick, white discharge. If discharge is accompanied by itching, the underlying cause may be excessive yeast, which can be treated with appropriate medication.
- Brown discharge may indicate the expulsion of "old" blood after menstruation. This type of discharge may also occur mid-cycle or in early pregnancy when menstruation would normally occur.
- Spotting instead of expected menstruation could indicate pregnancy and testing should be sought.
If pelvic pain, itching or a bad odor develops, even without discharge, schedule a visit with your gynecologist. These symptoms could indicate infection or another health concern that may be quickly treated with appropriate medical care. Dr. Taryll Jenkins performs testing to rule out health concerns such as sexually transmitted disease, cervical or vaginal cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, and other conditions. With early detection and treatment, most vaginal conditions can be resolved right away.
Receive the care you need to maintain reproductive health when you visit Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Medicine in Katy. Contact us at 855-346-8610.
Back to Urology Home Page
- Gynecology Clinic near Me Katy - Should I visit a gynecology clinic near me in Katy for vaginal discharge?
- Menopause Symptoms Houston - Get help for menopause symptoms such as mood swings from your Houston area doctor
- Vaginal Infection Symptoms Katy - Vaginal infection diagnosed after the careful evaluation of symptoms in our Katy office
- Breast Cancer Screening Houston - Importance of breast cancer screening as part of annual well woman check up in Houston
- Sexual dysfunction, Katy - The importance of discussing sexual dysfunction with your Katy gynecologist
- Menstrual Irregularity, Katy - Treatment for menstrual irregularity in Katy
- Hormone Replacement, Katy - Using hormone replacement treatment during menopause in Katy
- Pelvic Pain in Women Katy - Pelvic pain treatment for Katy women
- Vaginal Cancer Treatments, Katy - What Katy women need to know about vaginal cancer treatments
- Vaginal Infection, Katy - When you should seek treatment for a vaginal infection in Katy
- Gynecological Services, Katy - Gynecological services are an important part of women’s health in Katy, TX
- Gynecology Procedure, Katy, TX - Katy, TX, patients want to know, "What gynecology procedures take place during an annual exam?"
- Gynecology Procedure Fulshear, TX - Understanding the gynecology procedure for detecting and removing precancerous cells from a cervix
- Gynecological Surgery Katy - Gynecological Surgery
- Gynecologist Katy TX - When to see your Gynecologist
- Gynecological treatments in Katy TX - Abnormal bleeding: when to seek gynecological treatments in Katy, TX
- Gynecological Problems Katy - Women's health in Katy: Is pelvic pain a sign of gynecological problems?
- What is Gynecology Katy - What is gynecology in Katy, TX?