As a woman ages, she will likely begin to think more and more about menopause. Like it or not, menopause affects every woman as her ovaries stop producing eggs and produce less estrogen. Often menopause occurs at some point between the age of 40 and 50, although it could be earlier or later. A woman may experience several symptoms during this transitional time, such as hot flashes, sweating, irregular periods, depression, irritability or anxiety, decrease in sex drive, and headaches. A woman's chances for osteoporosis also increase and she may notice physical changes in the pelvic area.
More and more frequently, women are asking about hormone replacement therapy to help manage the changes that the body is experiencing. This treatment, known as HRT, can help a woman decrease some of the emotional and physical side effects of menopause. It often works because the HRT plan is customized to a woman's exact needs thanks to blood testing which confirms current hormone levels.
HRT works by balancing the amount of progesterone and estrogen in a woman's body, which helps to alleviate some of the effects of menopause. Dr. Taryll Jenkins of Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Medicine has been helping patients manage the journey through menopause for many years. Rather than suffer through it, Dr. Jenkins says that HRT can make patients more comfortable physically while also improving emotional side effects as well. Patients often report seeing improvement in symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, irritability, insomnia, and aches and pains.
If you are beginning to experience symptoms of menopause, it's important to speak with your doctor. Dr. Jenkins and his entire team understand that this can be a confusing and apprehensive time of life, but it doesn't have to be. The first step is to understand the changes your body is going through, consider your lifestyle and personal preferences in regards to medications, and educate yourself about hormone replacement therapy. Call today to learn more about the benefits of hormone replacement therapy.
- Gynecology Clinic Near Me Katy - Should I visit a gynecology clinic near me in Katy for vaginal discharge?
- Vaginal Infection Symptoms Katy - Vaginal infection diagnosed after the careful evaluation of symptoms in our Katy office
- Sexual dysfunction, Katy - The importance of discussing sexual dysfunction with your Katy gynecologist
- Menstrual Irregularity, Katy - Treatment for menstrual irregularity in Katy
- Hormone Replacement, Katy - Using hormone replacement treatment during menopause in Katy
- Pelvic Pain in Women Katy - Pelvic pain treatment for Katy women
- Vaginal Cancer Treatments, Katy - What Katy women need to know about vaginal cancer treatments
- Vaginal Infection, Katy - When you should seek treatment for a vaginal infection in Katy
- Gynecological treatments in Katy TX - Abnormal bleeding: when to seek gynecological treatments in Katy, TX
- Gynecological Problems Katy - Women's health in Katy: Is pelvic pain a sign of gynecological problems?