Many women grow up dreaming of what their families will look like. Whether it's planned to see one child at the dinner table or a basketball team full of boys, seeing those dreams of your future family slip away after months or years of trying to get pregnant can be heartbreaking. Suddenly pregnant women and babies are everywhere and each time you lay eyes on a sweet infant can feel like another blow to your heart.
In fact, nearly four out of ten couples can have trouble conceiving. If you've been trying for a baby for more than a year without a pregnancy, it may be time to talk to Dr. Taryll Jenkins about your options for parenthood.
Just because planning for parenthood requires more than simply dreaming and purchasing diapers in bulk, doesn't mean that you can't conceive and carry a pregnancy to term. There are many reasons for infertility and once the underlying cause is determined, you can proceed with treatment, if necessary. For many couples, the combination of medical treatment or advice with patience can result in a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby.
Female infertility is often caused by an issue with ovulation, your cervix, or damage to your fallopian tube. Contrary to what many patients believe, ovulation is not always a given. Certain hormones, or lack thereof, can prevent ovulation, which prevents pregnancy. Additionally, if a woman has issues with the cervix, it can prevent sperm from passing through. Finally, if the patient has damage to the fallopian tubes it can cause endometriosis or infection, which can also lead to infertility.
In addition to undergoing female infertility testing, the male should also be tested. Low sperm count or sperm with poor quality can lead to infertility. Additional causes can be an imbalance of hormones and genetic defects. It's also important to note that in some cases, no cause can be found.
Planning for your family should be an exciting and fun time. If an inability to get pregnant is causing you emotional stress, call Dr. Jenkins today to schedule a consultation. We will learn more about your family history and determine if testing needs to be scheduled. Don't continue to go without answers. Call today and start your journey to the family you've dreamed of.
Back to Family Planning Home Page
- Affordable Family Planning Houston - Affordable birth control: A part of family planning for our Houston area patients
- Infertility, Katy - Navigating infertility with your Katy physician
- Treatments for Infertility, Katy - Katy physician describes common treatments for infertility
- Planning for Parenthood Fulshear - Options to help you have your parenthood well planned out in Fulshear
- Contraception Katy - Forms of contraception - The issue with coitus interruptus
- Family Medical Plan Cypress - Plan your family in Cypress: Considerations from financial to medical
- Parent Planning Katy - Preparing for parenthood
- Family Planning Katy TX - Planning your family, one step at a time
- Causes of Infertility Fulshear - Helping Fulshear families grow: Understand the causes of male infertility
- Infertility Cypress - Helping Cypress women overcome infertility