You make decisions all day long, every day. Some are trivial and some are important, but few are truly life changing. One of those rare, monumental decisions is the choice to become a parent. Planning your Katy, TX, family begins right here, at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Taryll L Jenkins is here for you through every stage of the process, from birth control to delivery and beyond.
Timing is everything
Once you have made the decision to become a parent, the next big question is when. There are many factors to consider, such as your schedule, financial situation, lifestyle, and space in your home – just to name a few. One of the questions many prospective parents struggle with is deciding when they are emotionally ready.
If you want children, but not quite yet, talk to Dr. Jenkins about easily reversible birth control. When you decide that the time is right, you will likely be impatient to start trying now. When you are ready for pregnancy, schedule an appointment to make sure your body is ready. Dr. Jenkins will check for existing or potential health problems, and advise you about good nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle choices to give your baby a healthy start in life
Trying to conceive can be an exercise in frustration. It may feel like one of the cruel ironies in life. After being so careful about birth control and thinking one mistake would mean pregnancy, you discover that you can't get pregnant. In many cases, the problem is simply impatience. Just because you didn't get pregnant this month doesn't mean it won't happen next month. However, if it has been 12 month or longer, it is advisable to see Dr. Jenkins for infertility testing. If you are over the age of 35 and have been unable to conceive for 6 months, testing is recommended.
When you come in for an infertility assessment, your partner should accompany you. The cause of infertility is just as likely to arise from a male health problem as a female health problem. Dr. Jenkins will discuss the circumstances and your medical histories, and order tests if needed. Over 50 percent of couples treated for infertility are able to conceive.
Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Medicine blends education and advanced medicine with old-fashioned customer service and human compassion. Dr. Jenkins and his efficient, friendly staff will always treat you with kindness and respect, while providing the highest quality of care available. Call 855-346-8610 today and schedule an appointment.
Back to Family Planning Home Page
- Affordable Family Planning Houston - Affordable birth control: A part of family planning for our Houston area patients
- Infertility, Katy - Navigating infertility with your Katy physician
- Treatments for Infertility, Katy - Katy physician describes common treatments for infertility
- Planning for Parenthood Fulshear - Options to help you have your parenthood well planned out in Fulshear
- Contraception Katy - Forms of contraception - The issue with coitus interruptus
- Family Medical Plan Cypress - Plan your family in Cypress: Considerations from financial to medical
- Parent Planning Katy - Preparing for parenthood
- Family Planning Katy TX - Planning your family, one step at a time
- Causes of Infertility Fulshear - Helping Fulshear families grow: Understand the causes of male infertility
- Infertility Cypress - Helping Cypress women overcome infertility