The best way to get your child’s life and your experience in motherhood, started right is with careful family planning. Katy, TX, OB/GYN, Dr. Taryll Jenkins, can help you with every aspect of planning your family.
Before you get pregnant
When you and your partner decide to have a family, there are many factors to consider, such as your financial situation and the lifestyle changes parenthood will require. Family planning usually begins with contraception
, so baby doesn’t come before you are ready. Dr. Jenkins can offer several options in reversible birth control. When you decide the time is right, he can advise you about maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle, in preparation for pregnancy.
You may expect pregnancy to come soon after stopping birth control. For most couples, this happens within one year. However, you or your partner could be infertile and not aware of it. If you haven’t conceived within one year (six months if you are over 35), you should have an evaluation. Infertility does not mean you will be unable to conceive. Dr. Jenkins can perform an examination, possibly including ultrasound diagnostics and blood tests, to determine the cause. In 80 percent of infertility cases, the cause can be determined, and over half are able to conceive after treatment.
Never is regular medical care as important as when you are pregnant. You should see Dr. Jenkins, your obstetrician
, every four weeks, for a check-up and tests, such as ultrasound and blood work, when needed. He will monitor your health, and your baby’s health, as well as answering your questions and providing advice. Simply knowing you have a skilled and caring professional you can turn to will alleviate some of the stress, especially for first time moms.
Birth control is, again an important step in family planning. If you want several children, you probably want a planned period of time between pregnancies. When your family is complete, you may prefer a longer lasting birth control method; possibly even permanent sterilization
if you are certain you will not want more children.
Dr. Jenkins will be there for you, every step of the way, from the moment you begin considering a family.
Back to Family Planning Home Page
- Affordable Family Planning Houston - Affordable birth control: A part of family planning for our Houston area patients
- Infertility, Katy - Navigating infertility with your Katy physician
- Treatments for Infertility, Katy - Katy physician describes common treatments for infertility
- Planning for Parenthood Fulshear - Options to help you have your parenthood well planned out in Fulshear
- Contraception Katy - Forms of contraception - The issue with coitus interruptus
- Family Medical Plan Cypress - Plan your family in Cypress: Considerations from financial to medical
- Parent Planning Katy - Preparing for parenthood
- Family Planning Katy TX - Planning your family, one step at a time
- Causes of Infertility Fulshear - Helping Fulshear families grow: Understand the causes of male infertility
- Infertility Cypress - Helping Cypress women overcome infertility