Doctor in Katy, TX answers, “What is obstetrics treatment?”
Patients in the areas of Cypress, Fulshear, West Houston, Memorial, and Katy, TX who are ready to expand their family with a child will want to learn more about treatment offered by a doctor who provides obstetrics care.
What is obstetrics treatment?
A doctor who provides obstetrics treatment is a professional who focuses on prenatal and pregnancy care. Drs. Jenkins and Falae of Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine are professionals who monitor the entire pregnancy to ensure a smooth transition into motherhood. Treatments and care are tailored specifically for each woman, as no two pregnancies are alike. It is essential that women consider prenatal care and care throughout their pregnancy for optimum health and wellness of the baby and mother. Our team also provides labor and delivery, as well as family planning services throughout the journey of parenthood for our patients.
What services are available?
Our team encourages women to ask about our wide range of services readily available for them through our practice. We offer the following treatments and more for our patients:
- Prenatal services to prepare the body prior to conception and pregnancy
- Family planning services and treatments
- Genetic screening for evaluating genetic disorders or medical concerns that may develop
- Knowledge regarding lifestyle changes women can make to maintain a healthy pregnancy from start to finish
- Routine prenatal screenings and appointments to monitor mother and baby throughout the pregnancy
- Regular blood draws to diagnose any conditions of the mother that could be passed to the child
- Diabetes testing to monitor for gestational diabetes which can occur at any point during pregnancy
- Provide ways to address morning sickness and other complications during pregnancy that may cause a mother to become extremely uncomfortable or ill
- Blood pressure monitoring to watch for early signs of preeclampsia and other conditions that can affect the mother and baby during and after pregnancy
- Develop a birthing plan that will be followed during labor and delivery by our medical staff, allowing mothers to preplan what will be expected during delivery of their child
- Pain management solutions that can be used during labor and delivery
- Delivery of the baby
- Postnatal services to monitor health of both mother and child, including postpartum depression treatment
- Ultrasounds to check the health of the baby during pregnancy and to detect possible concerns
When should you start seeing an obstetrician?
Obstetricians can be seen prior to conception of a baby to provide family planning services and prenatal care. Many women who want to become pregnant may need to take certain hormones or medications to make it possible. Women often take prenatal vitamins while trying to conceive to improve their overall health and increase their chances of getting pregnant. Our team may provide suggestions that can help, such as weight loss for patients who may be experiencing difficulty. Women who have certain gynecological conditions such as PCOS often have more difficulty in conceiving a child, so our team can work with these patients to increase their chances of conceiving and delivering a child to expand their family. If you are a woman who wants to have a child, a visit to an obstetrician can be the first step in making a decision that will last a lifetime!
Why choose the team at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine?
Our team of professionals have years of combined experience in providing women with the services and treatments they need to achieve and maintain their pregnancy from start to finish. We walk them through the process and assist every step of the way, from preparation and conception, to labor and delivery. We want to develop a trusting, friendly relationship with our patients through quality care.
Call the team at Jenkins Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine today!
Drs. Jenkins and Falae offer patients ways of taking care of their health and bodies. When patients are interested in obstetrics treatments, we encourage them to contact our team to book a consultation visit. Call the office today for an appointment at 855 346 8610. and visit our state-of-the-art office conveniently located in Katy, TX at 23535 Kingsland Boulevard. We welcome new patients into our practice for the comprehensive care they desire and deserve.