Tips for finding a female gynecologist ‘near me’ in Katy
If you are in the Katy, TX area and looking for a female gynecologist “near me,” here are some ideas to help in your search.
Five questions to ask yourself
Finding the right healthcare partner begins with understanding your own needs and priorities. Start with these questions:
- What is my current need? This may simply involve well woman examination, breast exam, and cancer screening. Or you may be experiencing problems and need guidance to restore healthy female balance. This is not a job for a family doctor.
- What are my future goals? It is especially important to establish a comfortable relationship with a gynecologist now, if you want to have a baby in the future. This individual may be helping you overcome difficulty conceiving, and provide understanding about what to expect as your pregnancy progresses. You are entrusting your baby’s prenatal care and delivery, so you want a true OB-GYN.
- How important is reputation? The internet is a great resource for star ratings and first-hand consumer reviews of the doctor and practice. It is modern day word of mouth.
- What are my values? You and your gynecologist must be on the same page with women’s healthcare issues such as sexual activity, intimate relationships, contraception, and menopause. The only way to find out is to schedule an initial visit and ask plenty of questions.
- Does bedside manner matter? Female health issues can be tough to discuss and awkward to have diagnosed. The best gynecologist puts you at ease with a smooth combination of technical expertise and compassion – a feeling of caring that isn’t too touchy-feely.
Now that you have a clear understanding of what you want from a female gynecologist, it is time to find one “near me.” All it takes is a call to our Katy office at 855 346 8610 to schedule a visit with Dr. Adebola Falae or Dr. Maria Torres.