Dr. Jenkins helps his patients make the best decision for their lifestyle and budget by having an honest conversation with each patient. Some of the questions he often asks are:
- Do you want to prevent pregnancy for a few months, a few years, or forever? Understanding a patient’s future plans for her family are important. Some birth control methods are effective for a single use, others last for a month at a time, while still others are effective for several months, or even years. While the long-term options can often be stopped or reversed, sterilization procedures are almost always permanent.
- How often do you want to think about birth control? Some patients aren’t bothered by needing to remember to take a pill every day. However, others feel that they have enough to think about and prefer a method they can “set and forget”. If a patient isn’t disciplined in taking a pill every day, she could experience unwanted side effects such as irregular spotting or even an unplanned pregnancy.
- Is your partner taking any of the pregnancy-prevention responsibility? It takes two to make a baby, so women are advised to make sure that their partner is also a part of the contraceptive conversation. In some instances this includes remembering to purchase and use condoms, which (unlike other methods of birth control) also help to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. For patients who are completely sure they don’t want to become pregnant now or ever, permanent sterilization procedures can be performed on both men and women.
To determine the birth control method that is best for you, talk to your doctor about the options that are available, your lifestyle, your budget, and your future plans. For more information about pregnancy prevention, call Dr. Taryll Jenkins today.
- Tubal Ligation, Katy - Katy physician explains the difference between surgical and non-surgical tubal ligation
- Facts on Permanent Sterilization Katy - Katy, TX, gynecologist explains the facts about permanent sterilization
- Surgical Sterilization Katy - Trading in birth control for surgical sterilization in Katy, TX
- Surgical Sterilization Procedure Katy - Katy patients ask, "Is the surgical sterilization procedure right for me?"
- Permanent Birth Control for Women Katy - Katy women ask for more information about permanent birth control
- Essure Sterilization, Katy, TX - Essure Sterilization in Katy, TX
- Permanent Sterilization in Katy TX - Are you considering permanent sterilization in Katy TX?
- Sterilization Procedures Katy TX - Is permanent birth control right for you?
- Permanent Sterilization Methods Katy - Methods of permanent sterilization Katy, TX
- Sterilization in Women Cypress - Guide to sterilization for women in Cypress